The things people say. There are unwarranted scare stories that surround the use of hypnosis.
The statements below, though not exhaustive, should help to dispel any groundless worries or fears that you may have.
There is no such thing as a ‘hypnotised feeling’ so you won’t actually feel hypnotised at all. In fact, what is most likely is a feeling of calmness and relaxation, though not everybody experiences even that.
- You cannot ‘get stuck’ – this is actually quite impossible.
- You cannot ever be made to do things you don’t want to do.
- You do not go to sleep – you are totally aware of yourself and your surroundings.
- You can leave the hypnotic state whenever you want to – you are in control.
- You cannot ‘lose your mind’ or be in any way ‘possessed’.
- You are not in anybody’s power and nobody can take control of you in any way.